Saturday, April 25, 2009

WELCOME



I have had a lot of fun this week using some of the new QUICKUTZ APRIL RELEASE DIES and they are just great. My favourite die from this latest release is the QUICKUTZ 12” BANNER BORDER DIE CC-BDR-033. I fell in love with it when I first saw it, and now that I have used it I know that I made the right choice choosing this die. It looks terrific on 12” x12”page layouts and even more fantastic if you add just a little inking or shading to it. The photo at the bottom of this post shows what a difference just a little inking can do to a die cut. I used the TIM HOLTZ ‘walnut stain’ DISTRESS INK to make the banner look more 3 dimensional.
This layout would look great as the front page of a baby album, so I have not overcrowded it and instead used fewer die cuts to make the photo stand out more. As the saying goes “sometimes Less is more”, and that is what I have tried to achieve with my layout this week.
The titles are made with the GO KREATE ‘NORTON’ alphabet. This is a Fabulous alphabet because it looks great and you are actually getting 2 uni case alphabets (1 larger alphabet like the one I used for my title, and a second smaller uni case alphabet like the letters that I used to write the name Jacob. (The ‘J’ is from the Quickutz Monogram Alphabet set which I double mounted) The larger size of the Norton alphabet has also got the Punctuation and Numbers.
In this layout I have also used the new release QUICKUTZ CLIPBOARD REV-0195-S, the QUICKUTZ NOTEBOOK SHEET REV-0194-S which fits perfectly onto the the clipboard, the COTTAGE CUTZ WHEELBARROW OF FLOWERS, except I replaced the flowers with the GO-KREATE ‘BOO ON HIS BUM’ DIE . And finally I have used the QUICKUTZ RAINBOW & CLOUD.

8 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

Great LO Natasha! I love the way you used this banner and the shading makes a huge difference!

Rochelle said...

What a thoughtful, creative layout! I love the rainbows, bears and, of course, the awesome banners! The inking is amazing! You did a great job, Natasha! :O)

Ruth Ellen said...

So cute!! I love the Cottage Cutz bear sitting in the wheel barrow! Great pictures of the before and after of the banner with your great inking work!! OMGosh it looks so different!!

KatherineB said...

Natasha this LO is stunning. I love your use of shading - it makes everything so perfect and professional. LOVE IT! You've just inspired me to go back and do my boys introduction pages. I just need to get that banner die now......

Happyscrapper said...

I just love seeing your work Natasha, everything you create is simply stunning and this baby page is one of your best. Love the use of the banner, would never have thought to use it twice on a page.
Well done and the shading makes so much difference.
Well done!!!

KatherineB said...

Just a thought Natasha - I would love you to demo how you do your shading if possible. I think others would love to see too. Just a thought.....

Natasha said...

Sounds like a great idea Katherine :-) Keep an eye out for my next Wednesday tip which the 6 May and all will be revealed :-)

Thanks everyone for the comments & feedback. Keep them coming as we like to know what our followers would be interested in seeing in future posts. We are here to help you where we can :-)

Beverly S. said...

Adorable layout....love how you used the bears and the rainbow.
Pretty, pretty, pretty!!!!! :)