Saturday, June 06, 2009

WEDDING CARD



This week I decided to make a Wedding Card using the QUICKUTZ MAY RELEASE REVOLUTION WEDDING CAKE die REV-0201-S. I chose this gorgeous cake die because it reminded me so much of my own wedding cake and I wanted to decorate it very simular – although mine did not have mice on top. Mine had a gorgeous cluster of roses.
I topped the cake with the mice from the QUICKUTZ EXCLUSIVE PRINCESS CARRIAGE DIE and used the bodies from the QUICKUTZ 2x2 BRIDE & GROOM DIE KS-0454. I inked the cake with TIM HOLTZ DISTRESS INKS and then made little flowers to decorate the cake using the little flower from the QUICKUTZ SWIMSUIT & HAT DIE KS-0569 and the tiny little leaves are from the QUICKUTZ TOPIARY DIE. In the centres of the flowers I have added little KAISERCRAFT RHINESTONES, which are so easy to attach because they are self adhesive and ready to stick.

6 comments:

KatherineB said...

Wish I was getting married again - would love to get a card like that - great work Natasha. Is the princess carriage die still available - have so much trouble getting it!!

Ruth Ellen said...

Too cute!! The little mice are darling on top of the beautiful cake!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Awesome card Natasha!

Rochelle said...

So stinkin' adorable! I love this card! I love every little, tiny detail that you always add to all of your work! We have got to get together to scrap....when are you coming to the states?? lol :O)

annb said...

Love your cake with the little mice at the top!

Beverly S. said...

What a whimsical topper for a wedding cake....LOVE it! Beautiful work! :)