Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Watch for it Wednesday #66

Today I want to show you some fun things you can do with your CottageCutz dies.
I simply ran some white paper through my cutter with the Daisy die and then punched out just the one daisy so I could use it for a stencil.
Of course this cuts out everything on the die but you don't need to punch it all out, just the one you want to use for a stencil. Then I used some ink and a dauber to sponge the flower onto my paper.
I did the same with the Flower 3, Layered die and just used the stem.
Another fun way to use your dies is to cut out the flowers from white paper and spray them with Glimmer Mist (aqua) or Smooch Spritz (purple). For the orange daisy I simply sponged the cut out flower with my ink and dauber.
I hope this gives you a few more ways to use these wonderful CottageCutz dies.

We invite you to ask questions and make comments on any of our posts. We're here to help!


5 comments:

Helmka Family said...

This is a great idea! Thanks so much for the tip.
Karen

Ruth Ellen said...

Oooooo I love how the sponged flower shapes look on the paper!! Great technique to get a whole different look with the same great Cottage Cutz dies!!

paperpapier said...

this is something new to me! What a wonderful product. I love the flower shapes.
hugs, heaney

Court said...

Cute! I came over here from the Cuttlebug Spot. I love that bee die! SO cute!

DonnaMundinger said...

What a great idea! Definitely need to try this! xxD