Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Cat's in for the Day

Funny thing how this idea came about, The Cat's in for the Day. A Friend asked me to make a sign for the door (that they could flip) so when she and her husband went off to work that they both knew that the cat was let back in for the day. I asked . . why, I thought you had a cat door? Well come to find out, they live on the edge of a wooded area and the cat had decided to bring home presents for them. Opp's twice the cat brought home. . . well. . I just will say it. . SNAAAAKE. The cat door has been closed . . for not.
I started with A card shape, cut a window in both sides. I wanted to use the Cottage Cutz Die with the Cat Front & Back. I thought this was a perfect use. The outside was 4" x 6" and the window is 2" x 3 1/2". I used acetate in the window.

By using acetate I could put both sides of the cat die in the window. I also used the Cottage Cutz Die, Half Daisy on the Front as a full daisy and the back as the half daisy. Mounted on a lattice stripe. The cat die turned out very cute as a orange tabby. I stated with a melon color card stock and highlighted in a burnt orange ink and dabbed a little white. The bow was done in burnt orange card stock. This all pops against the white door.


The half daisy was also added to the cloth ribbon hanger at the top of the front. Remember when gluing card stock and other materials like beads or cloth ribbon, I have found Glossy Accents to hold the best.



I added a dangle at the bottom of the sign using the Cottage Cutz Die, Fish Skeleton along with a few beads.
As an added note, I would also like to welcome all the new DT members, we all look forward to more fun idea's using Cottage Cutz Dies. Thank You B




9 comments:

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous hanger, I wouldn't like snakes waiting for the either, xxx

Ruth Ellen said...

Such a cute idea!! It is so fun to have crafting projects displayed around the home!

Heather said...

This is adorable and a really neat idea for people with inside/outside cats!

CreatedbyKay said...

Great idea for those with cats! This cat die works great for this project where there is a front and back view!

Lorie said...

This is so cleverly done! Adorable, functional, and just too darned cute!!

Janice W. said...

This is the cutest thing ever!! I would keep the pet door closed too if I received a gift like that. Love the shading on the kitty!

Shar said...

LOL! that's the cutest idea and what an adorable hanger. this is great!

Shar

Penni said...

What a fabulous idea and cute too - Both my Bengals are indoor only cats, so I don't get unwelcome "gifts" thank goodness !!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

Kate said...

This is a fantastic sign!! I love the colours - and I enjoyed reading the story behind it too!