Monday, July 05, 2010

Good Morning Friends!

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful and safe 4th of July weekend!

For today's post, I am going to show you how I re-purposed the Shih Tzu die cut that I used on Thursday. I like to think outside the box and see other ways I can use a die.
I hope you like what I have made.




While looking at the die cuts I saw a hairstyle and a sweater. I cut the hair of the dog off to create the neckline of the sweater. I used several colors of die cuts to make the little girl. The snout of the die cut had the perfect shape for the little girls hair.


I will let the pictures speak for themselves. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.


I cut the green snowpants, added some black boots, and added a cute little Panda Bear to the winter sweater to cover the eyes of the dog die cut. I finished with a scarf, a bow in her hair and some white stitching, using a white gel pen. And of course, her cute little face was stamped with a Peachy Keen Simple Sallies face, PK-531.



Thanks so much for stopping by! If you re-purpose your die cuts and would like to share them, leave a link in the comments so I can come and see. Enjoy your day! It is in the 90's here. I will be staying inside today.

9 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

Pretty clever girl if you ask me!!!
I've always admired people who can create new things from their dies. Great idea - TFS!

MsJay said...

Very nice. I don't own any of these, I must look into getting a few. Thanks for the tips.

Nikki Foraker said...

OMGosh miss Janice!!! You have sufficiently blown my mind!!!! WOW!!!!!

Huge CREATIVE Hugs!
Nikki

Dragonlady said...

Wow that was well out of the box, well done!!

Hugs Ali x

Ruth Ellen said...

Super cute and super creative!!!

Court said...

very creative!

Amy K said...

So, so cute, and very creative!

Lorie said...

WOW, Janice! You completely blow me away with your creativity! Awesome use of the die!!

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

LOL.. Janice!! You are so CREATIVE!! I love your little girl!! She is too cute! WAY TO GO!! BIG hugs and tons of love! :)Kathy