Thursday, October 14, 2010

What's brewin'?

The weekend is nearly here...which means there are only two weeks left till Halloween. Are you ready? Do you party, decorate and dress up? I've put up a few decorations but still need to decorate my pumpkins. This week I'm sharing a few Halloween party ideas with you.


I love the bubbly cauldron with the frog, bones and eyeball and used it on this fun door hanger. This would make a cute party invitation with all the essential info printed on the back.








The border punch is Martha Stewart, drippy goo.


Li'l Frankie adorns this party favor treat bag. The treat bag is so easy to make.
I printed a poem on a tag and tied it to the back of my treat bag with the ribbon.


Treat Bag
Instructions:
You'll need mini cellophane bags and cardstock. From one sheet of 12x12 cardstock you can make 4 treat bags. For each treat bag, cut cardstock 9 1/2 inches long by 3 inches wide.
Make the first score mark at one inch. Measure 3 1/2 inches from the score mark and score again, measure 3/4 inch and score again, another 3/4 inch and score again. You'll have four score marks total.

I have a Scor It board, but in case you don't, you can easily use your paper trimmer and stylus as shown here, to make your score lines. Don't have a stylus either? Use a bone folder or the dull pointed cap end of a pen.
Fold as shown here

Fill cellophane or mini zip bags with candy corn or other small candies, and fold the top over. Place the candy bag in the folded treat bag with the folded top of the candy bag inside the treat bag. Punch two holes through all layers and tie with ribbon.
Embellish as you wish and secure with ribbon.
Li'l Mummy would make cute name tags for a classroom party or place cards for the table.


I hope you've enjoyed my projects and maybe you'll try making the treat bag. It takes literally only minutes to make one. Have a great weekend. :)

4 comments:

Beckie Williams said...

thanks for sharing some really great ideas.

CreatedbyKay said...

Very cute Shar! Gets me in the Halloweeny mood...well maybe after the wedding this weekend. TFS!

Ruth Ellen said...

So cute!! I love your projects today and that cauldron die is a must have!!! You could have such fun with that die!! No fair you live closer to Scrapping Cottage so you already have your dies! I guess I am just going to have to move!

Lorie said...

LOL! I have to smile at Ruth Ellen's comment about you living close. I think I'm usually about the last one to get my dies, but I sure love the sneak peeks of projects from you girls!! :-) Shar, you projects today are wonderful, and full of inspiration. Thanks for the tut on the goodie bag. Those would be fabulous treats for the little AND not so little ones. Great job!!