Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Quick but Beautiful Last Minute Gift


Are you needing a small little handmade gift for a teacher, hostess or friend?  I have an easy gift that really doesn't take long at all to make but is so useful.  A tissue box holder.  You can pick up wooden tissue box covers at your local craft store for just a couple dollars and then the creative fun begins. 


You can cover the box with just one sheet of designer paper...granted I used two but I just wanted the mixed up patterns.  Then just add a few die cuts and and your done.  Of course you can go more detailed if you want, but I figured I didn't want to much going on as you needed to be able to get to the tissue.


I used the beautiful Blossom Branch die.  I did ink up the center and some of the edges with a little distress ink and then cupped the flowers with my McGill paper tool to lift them up.  Easy Peasy...glued them down with some strong glue and topped them off with "of course" pearls.  I do love me some pearls, LOL. 

Have a great rest of the week and happy crafting.





2 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

Very pretty! What a great idea!

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

Oooh this is FABULOUS! I love that Cherry Blossom brance! This is just gorgeousness!