Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Touch of Sparkle

 A Touch of Sparkle. . . .Here I used glitter paper three different ways with the Cottage Cutz Dies. The first was the Cottage Cutz Celebrate the Season die. I cut the scroll verse from glitter paper than mounted on white card stock, than mounted on black card stock.. Added a dimensional 3/4" black card stock circle with a mini snowflake from the Cottage Cutz Snowman in Mug die. I also added some eyelash yarn in the same red sparkle as the verse around the snowflake.
 The second mini card I used the Cottage Cutz Filigree Snowflake die. I made a 4" x 4' Card with a 3" x 3" window, slipped the white glitter paper behind the window than mounted the tips of the snowflake to the frame. I than added a few clear and silver jewels to the snowflake.
 The third mini tag you can see only take a few cutz. I used the Cottage Cutz 3'x3' Snowflake Ornament die. The ornament was cut in white card stock first, than red glitter paper. I trimmed the edge of the ornament away on the red glitter ornament. . to use the snowflake only. I used a hole punch to cut the 2" black circle and a 3/4" for the small white circle.
Start your sandwich with the white mini circle glued behind the red glitter snowflake. Glue the red glitter snowflake on top of the white ornament, matching the pattern. Than glue the entire ornament to the black 2" circle. Added jewels to the tip of the red glitter snowflake and a large jewel in the center. Mounted on Silver card stock.

Added note: I used Black, Red and White with a bit of Silver on all the cards. The Black against the vivid Red and stark White makes a really good contrast. Black has become designer favorite at Christmas in the last two years.

Thanks and this will be my last post before Christmas .
. so Merry Christmas to all and to all a good 2012. 
. . . .  Barry


2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

very cute...

Merry Christmas 🎄

jordiegirl said...

Lovely - those dies are fabulous.