Monday, August 27, 2012

CottageCutz Special Occasion Dress

Hi everyone!  Today's card features the CottageCutz Special Occasion Dress from the Wedding Release.  This dress can be made several ways for a variety of occasions.  I used patterned paper for the dress and inked the edges with Memento dandelion ink.  As I was seeing which papers I wanted to use for my card, I thought it would be cute to make a small notecard for the front of the card, using the dress as the opening.  Alone, the notecard would make a cute gift enclosure.  Added to the front of a standard card gives you a fun fold.  This dress could be used for prom layouts, weddings, Sweet 16 birthdays.


It happens to be my youngest son's birthday today.  He turns 16, but I don't think he would appreciate a Sweet 16 birthday card. lol  Enjoy your day!

Hugs and smiles,
Janice

5 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card Janice!! I love how you used the design paper for the CottageCutz special occasion dress! Also love the flap opening on the front, these are super fun to make!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Gloria Westerman said...

How adorable....and what a cute idea with the dress lifting up...and I think your right....your son probably wouldn't like this very much.....tfs

Carol Hurlock said...

This is just gorgeous. How girly, frilly, awesome frock. I would love to have one of these little numbers in my closet. What an awesome job you did with this die. Love it.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Lorie said...

GORGEOUS card, Janice! The patterned paper just sets this beauty off, as does that pretty dandelion ink on the edges. Just beautiful work all the way around! Happy birthday to your son!!

occasion dresses said...

nice card dear, Looks awesome.