Monday, October 21, 2013

CottageCutz Candle in the Window

Hi everyone it is Carol here today!  Christmas is fast approaching.  Time to start thinking about Christmas Cards.  Today is a creation using CottageCutz dies.  I must admit I had to get creative with my dies to achieve this look.  But I do love how it turned out!
To create this card, I started with the Victorian Window Die which you see in the middle.  My idea was to put the Christmas Cheer Candles in the window-but they were slightly to big and not in proportion.  I realized I needed a bigger window.  So I created this window by using the Classic Arched Window.
The Classic Arched Window was die cut, then cut in half lengthwise, and the top arch was cut off as well.  The two pieces were attached to either side of the Victorian Window to get the size that I was looking for.  This is just an example how you can get creative with your dies!!!
To complete the festive effect of the card, I added some Recollection Poinsettia, a Bow, and a Martha Stewart Border Punch at the top of the card.  The Winter Pine Branch was used as the leaves under the Poinsettia.  This was so fun to make and I just love how it turned out.  Thanks for visiting today.  I sure do appreciate it.  Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

Mojca said...

Waw what a gorgeous and rich card! hugs! MOjca

Simko said...

Stunning card, Carol! I love how you created a window and placed the candles. Love the colors! Thank you for the inspiration!
Hugs,
Simona

Olena said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love the colors. I think, I want one of the windows die. Thank you for the desperation.

Kathy said...

What a gorgeous card Carol!!! I love those window dies, I need to get one of them! Blessings! Kathy

Vladuška said...

Great idea to combine all these dies. Red and white combination is so beautiful and everything looks so cosy. Beautiful work.

Cheryl Walker said...

absolutely BEAUTIFUL Carol!! I LOVE how you used both windows to create a larger one, awesome idea!! Also love the candle and winter branch you used!! Gorgeous card!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Unknown said...

So beautiful, it is shadow-box frame worthy!!