Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Dear Santa


Happy Wednesday everyone!

Kathy with you and today I have a card using the Homemade Christmas Gift Set and Elegant Flurry Snowflake Die.  This time I'm using the deer die cut from the gift set for my main image...so cute!





Also from the set, I included one of the bows and "Dear Santa" die cuts using red cardstock and one of the setiment stamps. On the top left corner, is a little piece of the Elegant Flurry Snowflake Die from the Winter Wonderland Release cut with white cardstock...what a stunning die this is!

Here's a little close up of the deer scene for you.




To make my card, I cut the deer die with white, green, grey, kraft, and red using little pieces/scraps. The deer and wood post are made with kraft cardstock and shaded with Jumbo Java Ink. I added the hooves with black cardstock and used a black marker for the eyes and spots. The mailbox is grey cardstock shaded with black ink and a red flag. The wreath is green and red cardstock dotted with a white gel pen. The letter and snow are white cardstock shaded with Iced Blue Ink and a red stamp for the letter.

This cute little scene is popped on a blue Christmas designer paper piece that is stamped with the sentiment using black ink. I glue this piece on a white mat embossed with a snowflake folder and popped it all on a red cardbase. To finish the card, I added a bow and "Dear Santa" die cut both in red.

Here are the dies I used for this.







12 comments:

Vladuška said...

Great card, like winter fairy tale. Love it.

Mojca said...

What a gorgeous card! hugs! Mojca

Simko said...

Beautifully done, Kathy! Love all the dies used, so clever how you used the snowflake.
Hugs,
Simona

Cheryl Walker said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!! I LOVE the scene you created with the dies and stamp, super sweet!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Unknown said...

Just beautiful!!

Olena said...

WOW!!!! Beautiful card!

lifesabeach32940 said...

What an AWESOME card!! I have to admit I wasn't going to buy the gift set, but the samples the design team have made over the last few weeks sold me! You are some of the most talented crafters I've seen!! I can't thank you enough for the inspiration and the details you provide to help us use our dies!!

I was wondering if you knew when the gift sets were scheduled to ship? The site is still saying the end of September ...

Thanks!!



Judy
lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

Anonymous said...

This is so Cute Kathy! Love that little deer with the mail box.

Kimberly S said...

What an adorable card! Such a sweet little deer, and a fabulous scene you created. :)

Carol Hurlock said...

Super cute! I just love it.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Joanne said...

Adorable card Kathy! The Homemade Gift set will begin shipping tomorrow (Friday)
and all orders will ship in the order they were received.

Heidi said...

I think that this is just so darned sweet and love how all the pieces come together.