Thursday, May 22, 2014

Happy Anniversary Easel Card


Happy Thursday everyone!

Kathy with you today with an easel card I made using the Swans Die from the CottageCutz Wedding Release, along with the Starburst FlowerHappyAnniversaryFancy Lace Border and Greenery Dies.

It's hard to show just one picture of an easel card, so I have a bunch for you!  Here's a view from the front.



Here are views from the side.




Here's the inside.



And finally, a close up of the front.



To make my card, I used cream card stock to create a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" easel card.  (If you're not familiar with easel cards, there is a tutorial on Split Coast Stampers here that you can refer to as a guide.)  I added a black mat to part of the front that is embossed with a polka dot embossing folder and popped it on the base.  I cut the Fancy Lace Border Die twice, once with black and again with LeCreme Designer Paper and added them to the bottom of the mat.  The Swans Die was cut with the cream and added with pop dots. The 2 small flowers from the Starburst Flower Die with also cut with LeCreme DP and added the the Swan.  Two leaves were added to either side of the flowers cut from the Greenery Die using black card stock.

For the inside of the card, I cut the sentiments using black card stock and added them by running them through my Xyron Create-a-sticker Machine.  I then added a piece of black trim and one of the Greenery Dies cut using black card stock.

To finish my card, I added a bow made with Cream Seam Binding and a couple of black pearls.

These are the dies I used on my card.








7 comments:

Mojca said...

oh it looks gorgeous, the swans are so pretty eith their lace wings. hugs! Mojca

Vladuška said...

So gentle and beautiful.

Unknown said...

Stunning!!!

Did you know that swans mate for life?!

Jean Bullock said...

How Beautiful!

Simko said...

Stunning Anniversary card, Kathy! Love the striking colors and beautiful CottageCutz dies used! Great job as always!
Hugs,
Simona

Carol Hurlock said...

Gorgeous. This is just perfect. It's feminine and lacey.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Cheryl Walker said...

Absolutely beautiful easel card! Love the combination of CottageCutz you used on this! Beautiful work as always Hun!!!!!
Hugs
Cheryl