Wednesday, July 29, 2015

CottageCutz Seahorse

Hello Everyone!  It's Carol here today.  Where do you get your inspiration?  Great questions right.  Inspiration comes from everyday things.  It might be anything, nature, food, clothes, magazines, people, the internet!  The inspiration for this card came from a Dragonfly that I saw when I was in the pool last weekend.  That dragonfly was the color of these Seahorses from CottageCutz.  I had never seen a dragonfly that color and I was just so amazed.  I knew I just had to try the color.
I cut the CottageCutz Seahorse on watercolor paper.  To achieve this beautiful color, I distress inked the seahorses with ripe persimmon and barn door distress ink and placed crystal stickles on the top.  They are so pretty layered on this label die.  For the wave border, just cut on white cardstock, paint with glitter and you have yourself a sparkly border.

Thank you so much so much for visiting today.  Hope you take time to find your inspiration for your next project in your everyday activities.  Until next time.  Happy Crafting.  See you soon.  Here are the dies used:




3 comments:

Vladuška said...

This is really interesting combination and good inspiration which led you to this card.

Cheryl Walker said...

I have never seen a dragonfly either in that color, how amazing! And what a wonderful inspiration! Your card turned out beautiful Carol!!!
Hugs
Cheryl

Olena said...

WOW!!!! Great job!