Saturday, September 30, 2017

Christmas Joy Nativity

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

CottageCutz has a new release of Halloween & Christmas dies that are now available in the online store for ordering.  So if you have made a wish list, now is the time to get it fulfilled.

The DT has been showing lots of great samples and will continue to show them over the next couple of months to get your creativity flowing. There are plenty of beautiful new Christmas dies. Something for everyone's tastes.

I love Christmas time and making Christmas cards. Today, I am using one of our new dies Joy Nativity. To me this die represents the essence of Christmas. I love the bold Joy word as well as how the Holy Family is nested in the letter "O".  So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Step 1:   This week I started off with a sketch. I found this perfect one on Splitcoaststampers. It wasn't too fussy and it allowed the Joy word to be the center focus.
Step 2: I looked through my paper stash for patterned paper that wouldn't take the focus away from the Joy word and at the same time have a touch of elegance to it. I found this red and gold paper that I thought would work for the elegant look I was after. I paired it up with a red card base that was almost a perfect match.
Maraschino Red Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Patterned Paper Layer: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Step 3:  For the oval elements #3 & #4) of the sketch I used the largest nested stitched eyelet die and the 2nd largest oval die. It nested quite nicely in the eyelet die and the eyelet die kept with the elegant look I wanted for this card.
 
Step 4: I cut my Joy word in a gold cardstock. There is such detail in this die. If you click on this photo or any of them really, it will allow you to see the detail I am talking about. Attached to the oval shapes with dimensional adhesive. Being raised a bit from the ovals will give it nice depth.  
 
Step 5: Attached the oval panel to the striped patterned paper layer. For the #2 layer of this sketch I decided to use ribbon. Looked through my ribbon stash and found this pleated ribbon that is a good match for the card base.  I really like adding ribbon on Christmas cards. I think it dresses them up nicely. 

Attached my image panel to the card base and scattered a few sequins to complete this card. I hope I have given you an idea for using this new Joy Nativity die. By keeping your card simple, you could easily mass produce this one for Christmas. See you next Saturday!!!

Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzjoynativityelites.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedstitchedeyeletovalset.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzovalsetbasics.aspx
 
 
 

5 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

Hi Mary. Your card is beautiful in its simplicity and message. This die cut says it all and the design is very manageable for anyone who likes to make their own holiday cards. -Janet

Sukie said...

Such a pretty card! Your card design is so elegant and classy! It would be perfect for mass producing for the upcoming holiday season! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Lois said...

I so like this card -- simple, yet the message is strong! Pretty ribbon, too!

Pam MacKay said...

Gorgeous combination of papers so classy and that die is beautiful

Janja said...

Very nice card, Mary!