Saturday, September 23, 2017

Snowglobe Village

Hi, Lois here with another card made with a soon-to-be available stamp/die set -- Snowglobe Fun.  Due to unforeseen circumstances, the new stamp/die and die sets should be available for purchase by September 25.


I used a really old Sketch Challenge from Splitcoaststampers for my layout -- SC50.   I find that I like to go back through the old sketch challenges for a place to start.


To start my card, I stamped the images onto white cardstock.  The set includes two different sentiments which can be placed on the plaque on the front of the snowglobe.  I chose "Let It Snow."


I then colored the images using Copic markers . . .


. . . die cut the images and constructed my snowglobe.



Then I started my card by cutting out my cardstock panels.

Heavyweight white - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored in half at 4 1/4"
Red - 4" x 1 1/4", 2 1/4" x 3 1/2"
Green patterned paper - 4" x 5 1/4"
Snowflake patterned paper - 2 1/8" x 3 3/8"

After adhering all the layers onto my card, stamping the sentiment, and adding the snowglobe, I decided the card needed something else.  So I stamped three snowflakes with gray ink and cut them out with the matching dies, scattering them on the right side of the card.


The CottageCutz stamp/die set I used on this card is Snowglobe Fun.  As you can see, there are several different elements that you can use inside the snowglobe.






5 comments:

Anja Ž. said...

Very nice card, Lois!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute Christmas card Lois-I always love snowglobe cards and this one as a stamp and die combo is perfect-you chose a good layout to showcase it-great work

Pam MacKay said...

Love this adorable snow globe set! Very cute card!

Janja said...

Beautiful card, Lois!

SugarShine Designs said...

This stamp and die set looks like a lot of fun with lots of options for personalizing. Your card turned out great! -Janet