Sunday, October 15, 2017

Cards with Birds

Hi!

It's Anja here. Last week I told you I prefer to use dies over stamps on my cards. But this week I decided to use stamps. Cottage Cutz has a few new stamp and die sets with beautiful birds and flowers motives. I colored two of my favourite and used them on cards. This is how the finished cards look like.


To make the cards I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Sparrow on Post, Bluejay & Apple Blossom, Spring Greenery, Nested Stitched Scallop Oval Set, Sweet Spring Kitty),
- Distress Inks (Peeled Paint, Forest Moss),
- Distress Oxides (Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron, Lucky Clover, Faded Jeans, Fired Brick, Broken China, Vintage Photo),
- two craft card bases (10,5x15 cm),
- water color paper for stamping,
- white card stock for die cuts,
- Versafine Black Onyx ink,
- Derwent watercolor and inktense pencils,
- Zig watercolor pencils,
- stamp with lettering motive,
- glossy accents,
- red, black, white, yellow pen,
- stamping platform,
- washi tape.

First I stamped the image on watercolor paper.


I colored both images with the combination of Zig markers and watercolor pencils, because I only have a few Zig markers. I mostly color with Derwent color pencils. They are my favourite.


When I finished coloring I cut the motive with my Big Shot machine. I used washi tape to fix the die.


I used the same coloring technique for the other bird image.


Then I die cut the ovals and colored them in light blue inside the die.


For the background I stamped directly on to the card base. Oxides really leave a clear image on craft background. I used Vintage Photo around the edges.


Then I die cut some greenery and flowers, colored them with combination of Distress Inks and Oxides and glued everything on the card base.



And for the finish touch I used some Glossy Accents.





I hope you will give this beautiful birds a try. They are so much fun to color. 

Have a beautiful and sunny Sunday and I will be back next week. 

Anja Z. 



Cottage Cutz dies I used:








6 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

wow these are so beautiful Anja-love your coloring of the birds and the layout looks great-shows the birds off so well

Lois said...

What a delightful pair of cards! I could see a whole set of notecards made with these stamps/dies. Beautifully done!

Pam MacKay said...

Love all the foilage you used with your birds such a beautiful pair of cards!

Janja said...

These cards are really beautiful, Anja.

SugarShine Designs said...

Lovely birds and cards Anja! -Janet

Jeanne said...

Your watercolor technique is gorgeous - wonderful cards!