Saturday, March 03, 2018

Sewing theme card

Hi, Janja here!

My today's card was made with a set of cute sewing elements.
I have some friends who love sewing. That's why I was especially pleased with the Stitched Sewing Notions die. With this die we can make a few cards or thank you cards, for everyone who loves sewing. I also prepared a matching tag.

The Stitched dies and the new Spring dies are currently 25% off. Check them out in The Scrapping Cottage store.


Supplies:
- white card base: 4.25 x 5.5" (10,7 x 13,9 cm), folded
- kraft cardstock: 3.7 x 4.8" (9,5 x 12,3cm)
- patterned paper
- white and kraft cardstock
- Distress ink pads: Festive Berries, Aged Mahogany, Vintage Photo
- glue, double-sided adhesive tape, self-adhesive pads

Prepare a card base from a white cardstock. Cut a smaller layer from a kraft cardstock, and attach to a card base. Die cut two rectangles from patterned paper and white cardstock (the largest die from both sets).
Make a matching tag using the Mail Tag Set die.  


Now cut out all the sewing elements. For shading I use bright and dark tones to add a dimension.  
Look how cute these cutouts are. Especially the "handmade" label with heart. The perfect end touch to handmade items.  



 Complete the card and tag.



Thank you for coming over. Have a nice day.




7 comments:

Sukie said...

Absolutely wonderful creations! I love the gorgeous die cuts, the color combination and the gingham pattern you used! These are so super cute!

Lois said...

Your card and matching tag would be a make a wonderful surprise for any friend who loves to sew.

Pam MacKay said...

So adorable love the mix of dies and the matching tag!

Joanne said...

Oh Janja how I love your beautiful cards. I like all of the dies you used especially the red dress. Super cute!!!

Jeanne said...

Janja, these are wonderful! They are so beautifully detailed, I'm in awe. And I love your color palette.

Mary Marsh said...

Creative ideas Janja- these are wonderful for a friend who loves to sew

Anja Ž. said...

Beautiful color combination. And I love the tag too.