Sunday, April 15, 2018

Hello Spring

Hi!

It's Anja here. I have two cards for you today, made with new Cottage Cutz dies. You have to check out the new Llamas & Botanical release that is already available in the store. The llamas are so cute. But first I tried out the lovely spring flowers.


For two cards I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Botanical Garden 1, Botanical Garden 2, Sugar & Cream Alphabet),
- Zig Rel Brush Markers (Numbers: 021, 023, 025, 026, 027, 041, 043, 044, 045, 046, 050, 051, 052, 070, 080, 084),
- Gansai Tambi watercolors,
- Distress Oxide (Peeled Paint),
- white card base (2 15x11 cm),
- watercolor paper for background (2 14,6x10,6 cm) and die cuts,
- adhesive foam pads,
- foil,
- heat gun,
- watercolor brush,
- paper glue.

First I cut two rectangles from watercolor paper and spritzed with green color first.


I used foil and put it over the drops and to get different marks.


Then I spritzed other three colors and did the same with the foil.


I cut flowers and other greenery with Botanical Garden dies. I used watercolor paper for the die cuts. I glued the cuts on the background paper.



Then I started coloring. I used Zig markers and watercolor brush. I colored first and then glued some cuts on the colored flowers.


When I had everything colored I used Distress Oxide Peeled Paint to shadow the edges of the paper and also the spaces between the flowers.

 

Then I cut Hello and Spring words and colored it with Zig markers.



I glued the words on smaller pieces of paper. I did the same with the edges.



In the end I glued the everything on the card base using adhesive foam pads.

 

And this are my colorful spring cards.




I hope you'll give llamas and other botanical dies a try. You can get them for 25 % discounted price. I can't wait to use the other new dies.


Have a wonderful Sunday and see you again next week.
Anja Z.


Cottage Cutz products I used:




5 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

2 beautiful cards Anja- love your design using these new dies- creative work as always

Barb Thompson said...

Really gorgeous! I love your cards.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful cards! I enjoyed reading about your technique - I may have to try it.

Janja said...

Two wonderful spring cards Anja. Nice and creative!

Pam MacKay said...

What awesome designs! Love how you used all of the flowers!